Outback Extreme bolt-on wheel carriers increase the utility of your 4×4 or SUV. These products allow the spare wheel, normally stored under the vehicle, to be carried on the rear bumper of the vehicle, thus freeing up the space under the vehicle for the fitment of long range fuel tanks. Carrying the spare wheel on the rear bumper also makes it easier to replace wheels in rough terrain. Where applicable, an integral tow bar with receiver allows the attachment of a removable tow hitch and drop plate. A bolt-on wheel carrier is utilised where the replacement of the original bumper is not a viable or practical solution, and hence is fitted over the existing rear bumper. The wheel carrier can be configured to fit a variety of accessories for carrying gas cylinders, high lift jacks, bicycles, flood lights or jerry cans.
- Heavy duty engineered structure of low carbon steel, for durability and strength
- Weld and assembly methods have been designed to optimise strength and minimise possibility of weld failure or fatigue cracking
- Powder coated with UV stabilised resin for tough scratch and chip resistance and protection against rust and corrosion.
- Removable heavy duty tow hitch with corrosion resistant coating
- Multiple chassis mounting points, designed to maximise strength and match vehicle manufacturer mounting provisions
- Wheel carrier is mounted on heavy duty shaft designed to carry the weight of the wheel and withstand the forces of heavy braking and vibration
- Wheel carriers are secured in the closed position by an over-centre catch with rubber compression pad to prevent rattles
- Wheel carrier swings outwards with little effort through use of roller bearings and is secured in the open position by means of a spring loaded catch
- Provision for the fitment of a padlock to prevent theft of spare wheel